Ok, so like usual its 10pm and I'm in the supermarket trying to get groceries. There are few other people in the market with me, but of those in attendence are a mother, father and their daughter (about age 10) and one of her friends. The girls are screaming at the top of their lungs and running around the store. ((((CRINGE))))). I am doing my shopping and trying to stay away from them. As I'm walking down the canned veggie aisle, I slip slightly on some sort of yellow substance on the floor. (EW) and when I get to the end of the asile by the registers I tell the cashier that there was something on the floor. This was shortly followed by "Code Yellow...aisle 8, Code Yellow aisle 8" being projected across the PA system.
I continue on my way and run into the mother of the children and mention to her that their is a spill on the next aisle over and that her girls should be careful, lest they slip... At that time, the girls come running over to the cart talking about "touching the pee" on the floor... (double, no triple EW ICK YUCK!) At this point the father comes over and says...
"At least they have a good sale going on now...almost everything is buy one, get one pee..."
To which the daughter looks at him...completely deadpan and says..."That isn't funny!"
The rest of us started cracking up...It was the funniest thing I heard in about a month...
Out of the mouth of babes...

Eww.... I don't mind so much dealing my kids pee (and pooh), but UNKNOWN pee is really gross. If you weren't there at 10pm, I'd guess that the pee may have been from a potty-training toddler who didn't make it...but at that time who knows?
ReplyDeleteLate night grocery shopping freaks me out...
At least you got a funny story out of the whole thing.
Hey does commenting on your blog count for at least half a phone call? :)