Thursday, July 29, 2010

Martha or Mary?

Once again the story of Martha and Mary has come to rest on my heart.  The story of the two sisters seems to be my story too, the story of a battle I constantly have within myself.  If I have to choose one, I am most likely Martha.  I worry and fret and think of millions of "what ifs," trying to iron out the details before I make a move to do something.  I worry that what is done is not good enough or that it is the wrong choice.  I worry about what was and what might be.  I am also a doer.  I try to be helpful and care for my neighbors.  I try to put other people first, making sure they are okay before taking care of my own wants and needs.  And, admitedly, like Martha, sometimes I get frustrated by those around me.  I can honestly say that I would like to be more like Mary.  I would like be able to sit at the feet of Jesus and be content and at peace, to not worry or fret, but to trust that the Lord will take care of everything in His time and in His way.  But it is very hard for me to give up control and to have faith that it will all work out...

Help me Lord, to always have faith and trust in You....

No comments:

Post a Comment